Search This Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Life - in a nutshell


The blog inspired by change



'Life is full of choices', but isn't 'change inevitable'? Sometimes it's tough to think about the future... that is most certainly why I do not. But lately the future seems to continue to creep up on me, and some decisions must be made.

I would like to say that highschool is hard -  and I am sure I would not stand alone there, but is life - the real world not way more demanding and stressful? I can cry all I want about my 85% average, or my lack of time, or my sleepy social life, but all those things combined will not amount to the gravity of the decisions I have to make next. Change is inevitable. I can't forget that. I don't think Im ready for this much change though....

I had planned to go immediately to university next year, but stay in my hometown as to not worry about finances while Im still a teen. I want to go to Calgary now. I know, I know, Rachael's being a drama queen. But it is a real big step for me, and I don't think many people understand - not even some of my close friends do. If When I go everything is going to change. I feel that I need to, however. As a form of self discovery... self sufficiency... and mostly just to see if I can do it on my own. Life, that is.


Go Dinos?

I guess I can really narrow it down to my concerns. Family is a real issue. I can't say I always get along with my family, but they are without a doubt my biggest support system in school and life. What would I do without them there? What if the heater breaks down? I can't just call up daddy to help me out! Friends... well a good chunk of mine are going away. And I have one of my closest friends in Calgary... maybe it's perfect? But at the same time, am I ready to be away from everyone I have grown up with? Boyfriend. Boyfriend, boyfriend. Do people last when they try the long distance thing? Will he be missing out if he's just worrying about me?...will I be? My Job is amazing. Flawless. what if I dont find another like that? ...I can come back in the summers though. Kelowna - your beautiful summers, and your warm ish winters. Will I become a popsicle in Alberta?




Will I make it out there, or transfer back home, head hung...defeated by the 'big city'?

1 comment:

  1. ugh. we are both plagued by the same obstacle my friend.
    its good to know you're not the only one that is being burdened by a particularly large decision, hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete